Saturday, August 26, 2006

Pray for College Camp


Well looks like I'm going to be gone from home again for another week. Tomorrow we are going to Diani Beach (where i used to live) to Word of Life retreat center where I and my other teammates will be counselors at a college camp this week. We need your prayers as we lead our groups this week. At the moment i don't know exactly what the theme for the week, the topics we will be discussing nor what exactly my job will be but again FLEXIBILITY is the key here in Kenya. i just know that I'm going to be bunking up with, sharing life with, building relationships with and being one of the leaders for a group of college girls. Please be in prayer for Kristin and I as we lead some of the girls and for Drew and Dennis as they will be teaching and doing other various things this week. Some of the same college students who went to Busia with us will be coming along too. Pray that the Lord will use me in a powerful way in the lives of the girls He brings across my path. Pray that the Lord will use this week to bring about spiritual growth in the lives of the college students. Pray for me as I hope to also have the opportunity to reunite with some of my former teammates, the Grossmanns and Rains in some of my free time! Pray for continuing good health for me and my teammates..and pray against malaria. Mosquitos have been bad and i've been bitten many times!
Don;t think I'll have internet access this week so I look forward to updating you again when i return. If you've emailed me lately and haven't gotten a reply don't give up hope...I appreciate every word you send to me!!!
(this is a picture of a beautiful rainbow over the Indian Ocean...can you see it?? What a picture of God's beauty, faithfulness and promises!)

3 Comments:

At 5:44 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so good to hear from you. I'll be praying for you. Thank you for sharing your journey and that beautiful picture. It's great to see the reminders of the love and greatness of God. :)

Dana

 
At 6:37 AM, Blogger Nicole Wilson Conley said...

so glad to see the updates... and get a little shout out (even if you were discussing my nagging with the world) :-) it was nice to hear your voice on saturday. what a treat! hope everything is going well at WOL. hugs and kisses!

 
At 1:41 PM, Blogger Nicole Wilson Conley said...

missing you!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home