Thursday, August 03, 2006

Off to Busia!!

Hi Everyone...gonna have to make this quick cause its late and tomorrow morning (in about 4 hours) I'll be getting up and headed on a long journey to Busia..a town on the opposite side of Kenya on the border of Uganda. The beginning of the week retreat to Sun N Sands beach resort was very nice and provided much needed rest! It was so neat to sit by the Indian Ocean again. I just love the ocean!! Will post pictures soon. Abby, the other American gal joining us for the next 3 weeks arrived yesterday and has had to quickly adjust before we head on the missions trip to Busia. I've gotten a little time to meet 3 of the college gals going with us (Karimi, Soni, Lynn) and I'm looking forward to getting to know them and growing close to them in the coming week! They all seem to be very sweet girls! Please pray for us as we travel to Busia this coming week. We will be gone from August 5-13th...and then Dennis might be staying a few days longer there with his Mom and Dad. Here's a little run down of what we are going to be doing and how you can pray!
I've written more about this in my previous blog "plans for the week".

Team Leaders and Teachers:
Dennis and Drew


Team Members:
Moses,Chris, Allison,Kristin,Abby, Soni, Lynne, Karimi


Host Church:
Busia Gospel Center – Pastor Edwin Agogo


Dates of travel:
August 4th: Dennis, Allison, Kristin and Abby leaving Mombasa at 6am to drive to Nairobi and spend the night with a missionary family, the Loewers.

August 5th: Dennis, Allison, Kristin and Abby leaving Nairobi to drive to Busia.
August 5th: Drew and the rest of the team leave Mombasa at 5pm to travel to Busia by bus

August 13 or 14th: We all return to Mombasa

Prayer Request:
Pray for journey mercies as we travel to and from Busia. Its a long, bumpy, dangerous journey!!
Pray for Dennis and Drew as they teach – Drew in the Mornings and Dennis in the main meetings in the Church.
Pray for receptive hearts to the message that we will be bringing to the Busia people – God’s Mandate about Sexual purity.
Pray for Team Love and unity – that we look to the interest of each other and not our own.
Pray for good health for all of us traveling!!!


I have lots i could share but I look forward to writing and sharing with more upon my return around the 14th. Won't have email access until i return. Thank you for your prayers!! Love you all!!!

7 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger Nicole Wilson Conley said...

isn't blogging fun? too bad i prefer myspace and facebook. lol. miss you!

 
At 7:07 AM, Blogger Nicole Wilson Conley said...

ok - so, are we gonna get to talk at all while you are in africa? i know you're gone right now... but looking forward to hearing about EVERYTHING!!!! ;-) miss you today!

 
At 9:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!!! I hope that you are having a wonderful time in Busia. I had a dream about you and Dennis and Africa last night, which made me of course check your blog... and it's good to hear that everything is going well so far. I can't wait to hear how to more specifically pray for you when you get a chance to write again. Love you!

 
At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl! I am praying for you and think that your flowers were the prettiest ever! I know your heart leaped! Praying that you will hope in HIm, and that He would grant to you Faith..To beleive His great work in you. We miss you at the Williams' and at Nicoles'
Love
Kristin..Your car is a blessing, another way God loves me..through HIs gifts through the body.

 
At 7:08 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey girl,
I just wanted you to know I'm thinking about you and missing you this morning!
Love your pic's!~ Tell D-man Hi for me! (Dan's nickname is Daddy D, so I guess we'll have to call Dennis D-man!)

Love you soooo very much!

Casey

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Gypsy Girl said...

how exciting! my very first mission trip was to Busia, Kenya. it has a very special place in my heart as i think of the many people who touched my life and those whom God revealed Himself to as well. i was in Egypt, so i missed praying for this mission trip, but now i pray for the fruit that will be produced through it. love you!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Nicole Wilson Conley said...

update, much!?!?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home