Thursday, July 27, 2006

I'm HERE!! YEAH!!!


Hi everyone...I'm here. I made it safely to Kenya today!! Praise God! My flight from Raleigh was delayed for about 30 min. due to computer problems which made me wonder if i'd miss my flight in Detroit..but thankfully that flight was delayed almost by 2 hours as well..Thats where i met up with Kristin, one of the girls from Texas i'll be working with and living with these next 4 months. She and I had a great time traveling together and getting to know one another a little. In Amsterdam we got a day room where we were able to relax and sleep for a couple hours before our next long flight to Nairobi. Before we left Amsterdam we ate our last McDonalds Quarter Pounder for a long time. That was the most expensive McDonalds meal i've ever had...burger, fries and drink for $10..yikes! I got into Nairobi then took another flight to Mombasa. Thankfully those flights were uneventful and I'm finally at the coast again. ITS WONDERFUL and feels so good to be here. And praise God the temperature isn't quite as hot as normal right now..it rained a lot today so it cooled things down a little. Kristin and I were met at the airport by Dennis:):) and Drew and taken back to our apartment to drop off our stuff. And guess what was sitting on the kitchen table waiting for me...a HUGE beautiful bouquet of flowers!! Made me smile lots and lots. I enjoyed watching Kristin getting excited about the monkeys in our trees!! Then we went into town for some quick lunch and then to Nakumatt (African's Walmart) to pick up some things for the apartment. Oh my, the driving here hasn't changed a bit...craziness!! Now its about 9pm and i can hardly hold my eyes open. Tomorrow morning I'm going with Dennis to his class as he teaches the pastors in his BTCP classs. Im very excited about meeting the pastors Dennis talks about so much. Praise God with me for a wonderful journey here and even for the simple fact that I got all my luggage!! God is so good!! Will send pictures soon! Thanks for your prayers!!

13 Comments:

At 8:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am glad you made it safe and I can't wait to hear the story about you and Dennis. Tell Dennis George says hi!

 
At 6:11 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad you made it safely!! Can't wait to hear more :-) Talk to you soon, I hope!

 
At 6:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PTL for your safety and good travel. We love you are prying for you.

 
At 6:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Sweetie!!! I am so glad to hear that you are there safely!!! I'll write more later!!!! Love, April

 
At 7:00 AM, Blogger Abby said...

I am so glad that you made it safely! I cant wait to see you all soooo soon!

 
At 8:56 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so glad you are back in Mombasa. I love you and I am praying for you. Tell Dennis hello and give the Kenyan's lots of love for me.
Erin Perry

 
At 8:03 PM, Blogger Wesley Price said...

Wes and Angey here - We're so glad you're there. Angey's sorry that she didn't see you before you left, but after that big bouquet of flowers, we're sure you didn't even think about it. :) We love you!

 
At 9:11 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Girl,

Bobby Thomas here. Glad to hear that you made it over safely. Kathleen and I will be praying for you. Tell that tall Kenyan friend of yours that I said Hey! :)

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger HeatherMichelle said...

Hope you have a wonderful time getting settled in and catching up. Glad your flights worked out well & you arrived safely.
Look forward to continuing to read about your new friendships with the college students. They are in for a treat!!! :-)

 
At 7:03 AM, Blogger Nicole Wilson Conley said...

yeah!! lots of fun comments on your page!
can't wait to talk to you sometime soon!!!

love you so much

 
At 7:52 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Allison,
I am so excited to hear that you made it safely, and I just wanted to let you know that I had McDonalds for dinner and it was mmmm, mmmmm Good! Sorry you missed out, but I am sure that you are having an amazing time in Africa, and I can't wait to see those flowers and hear all about your time with Dennis and the pastors that he has been working with! Keep us updated!

 
At 2:30 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Allison, I have been trying to email you. I don't know if you got any of them. Just want you to know that we love you. praise to God that you got there safely. we will pray for your safety each day.
love wendy and dewey

 
At 9:04 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Allison, I was pleased to read you made it safely. I am Kristin's second mother, Joyce Eldridge, and her mother told me about your blog. I went to it so I could read a little about Kristin. Tell her I love her and she is in my prayers. You will be in my prayers also.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home