Saturday, July 01, 2006

23 Days...17 Hours...8 minutes and counting!!!!

That's how many more days til i get on a plane headed for Mombasa!! YEAH! I'm praising the Lord that this week He has continued to provide for my financial support for going to Kenya! And now I have about 3/4 of the money needed for me to spend 4 months in Kenya.....enough that i have been able to go ahead and buy my plane ticket!!! God is so good! So as you can see from the top of my blog...the countdown has begun. I am scheduled to fly out of Raleigh Durham on July 25th. Thats less than a month away now. WOW!! I am so excited! Now that i have a date set and a ticket reserved it really feels like i'm going. I'm going to be working a lot with Newborn Homecare in the next few weeks and at the same time packing and saying "see you later" (i don't say GOODBYES!!) to family and friends for the next 4 months. Please be in prayer with me as i prepare to go. Pray that the Lord will provide the remaining financial support i need to go. Please pray for my walk and my time with the Lord, that HE would prepare me for ALL HE has for me there in Mombasa!! May HE lead, guide, and give me wisdom as i seek to be obedient and glorify HIM in all i do! Pray that i will trust HIM with all my heart, being a DOER and not just a hearer, never doubting HIM, and allowing Him to use me in whatever way HE chooses, rejoicing and praising HIM ALWAYS! Pray for the team as we prepare to come together...may we be unified as we seek to teach and serve those at Mombasa Polytechnic and everyone we come in contact with. Praise God and pray for the college girls in Mombasa who came to know the Lord this week. Looking forward to meeting them and walking with them as they seek to grow in their knowledge and walk with the Lord.


1 Comments:

At 5:31 AM, Blogger Nicole Wilson Conley said...

wow - the countdown is so real! :-) thanks for adding all that fun stuff on here - it's quite visually pleasing! :-) good job!! i told you that you would pick this up in no time! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home