Friday, March 23, 2007

Counting the Days

Well as you can only imagine...I've been thinking about Dennis a lot lately and missing him terribly. I've been back in the States now for 2 months away from him. Now only about 3 more months til he gets here in June. YEAH! Yes we are counting the days. Today we have only 106 more days til our wedding day!!

As I have reflected more and more on Dennis and I's time apart I also wanted to share a recent email i received from a dear sister in Christ, Susan Easley.

Allison,
"I pray that you will be patient in waiting and joyful when the reunion happens.
Your words about missing Dennis remind me of something that I have read in a book by John Piper, A Hunger for God. In that book he compares us waiting for the Lord's return with the longing that people in love have for each other when they are apart especially those that are engaged. Oh how I pray that Jesus would constantly give me that "lovesick" feeling of missing Him and longing to be in His presence. For now, we patiently wait, pray and serve--looking forward to the day when we are united with Him."

This was so encouraging and yet convicting to me as I wait for Dennis to finally be here and for us to unite together in a covenant relationship. Oh what a sweet picture it is!


How many of us would say we are truely lovesick and eagerly waiting for Christ's return, longing to be in His presence just as we long for our love relationships here on earth?

O God, you are my God; earnestly I seek you;
my soul thirsts for you;my flesh faints for you,
as in a dry and weary land where there is no water.
So I have looked upon you in the sanctuary,
beholding your power and glory.
Because your steadfast love is better than life,
my lips will praise you.
So I will bless you as long as I live;
in your name I will lift up my hands.
My soul will be satisfied as with fat and rich food,
and my mouth will praise you with joyful lips,
when I remember you upon my bed,
and meditate on you in the watches of the night;
for you have been my help,
and in the shadow of your wings I will sing for joy.
My soul clings to you; your right hand upholds me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home