Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Happy New Year

Happy New Year Everyone!!!! Happy 2007! Hope everyone's New Year is starting out wonderfully! Mine was great as I brought in the New Year singing and praising God with my IPOD music and reflecting on this past year and ALL that the Lord has done and then thinking about this coming year and ALL that the Lord is going to do in 2007!! WOW, His faithfulness overwhelms me!!! What a BIG God we serve!!

After spending almost the whole month in Busia, in shags, as the city people call it, Dennis and I are now in Nairobi for the next few days. We took a 15 hour train ride last night from Kisumu. The train was literally packed and overflowing with people! Because of all the rains the road from Kisumu to Nairobi has been washed out so the number of buses traveling is low and people are trying rush home from being away for the Holidays, so their option was the train. They even took out the dining cart from the train so they could carry more people (meaning we didn't eat any meals). It was an unbelievable site to see so many people cramming into one train! Praise the Lord the train made it to Nairobi safe! We are now here for a few days and will be traveling again by train to Mombasa on Friday night. Please continue to pray for us as we travel. Its been a very relaxing and fun month out in the country!!

Its hard to believe that in just about 2 weeks I'll be headed back to America! I should arrive in Raleigh on January 17th in the afternoon! I'm looking forward to reuniting with family and friends after almost 6 months. Its going to be a good but overwhelming transition back home as i try to think and plan what the next few months of life holds. Please pray for me as I seek the Lord's direction on exactly what i'm suppose to do (job, wedding planning, etc.) And pray as i say good bye to friends and "family" here in Kenya for the time being. May all this go smoothly!
Love to you all and see you soon.
As a reminder, my personal computer is completely down til i get to America and buy new AC adaptor so if you send emails please be patient with my response!!
Love, Allison

4 Comments:

At 4:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey there!
Glad your holidays were happy. The train rides sounds super interesting (which is to say, super fun!)...
I will be in lovely Mexico when you get back to NC, but will be thinking of you and wishing you safe travels. We will have to catch up some time when we are both in Charlotte in the next few months.
K. HAPPY 2007!!!
-heather

 
At 6:43 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey allison,
I can't wait to see you. Be sure to give me a call or let me know of anything going on with you.
Look foward to seeing you and praying for safe travel.
Erin

 
At 8:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You're probably in a plane or an airport somewhere right now, but the three of us on Seawell Ave just can't wait to see you! :-)

 
At 12:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope you had a safe trip back home.
Joyce

 

Post a Comment

<< Home