Thursday, December 21, 2006

Holiday Travels

Hello from rainy Busia. Yep doesn't feel much like Christmas around here with all the nasty mud and rain and heat! But we are making the best of it and having a great time.

I arrived in Busia on Sunday night after a long bus ride and was greeted at the border of Uganda by Dennis! We've had a great few days together away fromt he city just reading and relaxing and praying and watching movies on his laptop. The highlight has been the building of his house of course, however, the big rains and mud each afternoon has slowed things down a bit. But the house is looking good and the landscaping will look good after the rains stop and the mud is cleared away. I'll post pictures when i can. The internet at this internet cafe is very unreliable and i cant count the number of times i've lost my emails and typing cause the electricity goes off! But thats life here! And you make the best of it!! I've gotten to the public transport here which is a boda boda...a bicycle you ride on the back of. Its been a memorable holiday thus far!

I really enjoyed my time in Nairobi last week with Betty and her family. I cooked a good American meal of hamburgers and homemade fries on Saturday night which they loved! I also was able to travel to see Baby Allison ad her family in Ruiru (if you remember her story from a few years ago) She is growing so big so fast. She loved the baby doll i brought to her from America. Sweet little Ava Asta sent it with me to give to her. It was the highlight of the day! I also got to visit and stay the night with my friend Milkah who was my tentmate during my 40/40 bush orientation in 2003. My week in the big city of Nairobi was fun but I was also excited to travel upcountry to be with Dennis again.

Thanks to all of you who have been praying for me and for my safety as I have traveled the last few weeks. God has been faithful! Please continue praying. Also be praying for all my ELECTRONIC problems. Almost all the electronics i own have decided to stop working!!! First my computer power adaptor died, then my digital camera, and now my external computer harddrive i backed up everything on my computer with. I can't hardly believe all of this has happened but i'm trying to keep a good spirit and attitude and praying the Lord will provide for me to get all these things fixed when i return to North Carolina in January!! Its been a good reminder that life isn't about STUFF!! Its about keeping our eyes fixed on the Savior! Pray that i can do that!

Thats my short update for now...pictures to come from Dennis' camera when i can get them.
Love to you all and MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home