Tuesday, November 28, 2006

EMAIL UPDATE!!


Hi Everyone...yes gonna update sometime but here's the latest email summary update from this past term

“Only fear the Lord and serve Him in truth with all your heart; for consider what great things He has done for you”
I Samuel 12:24


Greetings from the hot, humid Kenya coast! Hope you have all had a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday!

Mombasa Polytechnic term has ended and we wrapped up college ministry last week praising God for all He has done in the lives of the students this term. It’s been a very busy semester and God has been so good and so faithful in answering prayers!

This term my weeks were filled with spending time with college girls, discipling, teaching, evangelizing and just living out daily life with the girls. One of the biggest desires and beliefs of the Serve Kenya team is that “the best minister/evangelist for any culture is a Godly, well trained person from that culture”. With this in focus, I spent a lot of time with one girl in particular, Betty. She is a new believer who comes from a Catholic background. Her brother led her to the Lord about 4 months ago. When I met Betty I knew there was something exciting about her. She always wore this huge smile on her face. My heart has been so encouraged to hear her testimony and how God has dramatically changed her life. Her heart is so full of joy.

Betty and I have been meeting every Friday to go through the fundamentals of our Christian faith as well as studying the book of Job together with some other girls. Betty is a girl who hungers to know God and His Word and even more exciting, to share Jesus with others!! She radiates the love of Christ and wants to see others find hope in the Savior. She left this past week to head home to spend the holidays with her family, and in one of our last conversations together she said, “ I just can’t wait to get home to teach my brother everything that I’ve learned!!” Please join me in praying for Betty as well as all the other college students who will be returning home for the holidays. Many of them will be returning to families who don’t know Jesus. Pray they may stand boldly as lights and witnesses to the saving grace of our Lord and Savior!


The last 4 ½ months here in Kenya have been amazing! It’s been so good to be back ministering in a culture and to a people my heart deeply desires to see walking in the TRUTH of Christ. Originally I was supposed to be on a plane and coming back to the States next week. However, as many of you have realized by now, I am going to be extending my time here in Kenya for another month. I will be spending the next month reuniting with and encouraging Kenyan friends I knew when I lived here a few years ago, including my Digo village friends and baby Allison. I also will be traveling to Busia to spend Christmas and New Years with Dennis and his family. Then January 16th I’ll be headed back to America.

Then after that…plans are still in the works! Thanks so much for the many emails of congrats and support in Dennis and I’s engagement. We are very happy and our hearts have been so encouraged by all the love and support from all of our friends and family, both in the States and in Kenya. We are so excited about this upcoming year and all that God has planned for our future marriage and ministry in Kenya. Please pray the Lord would give us wisdom and direction as we take this next big step.

I can’t send an email out without saying a huge thank you to all of you who have given me the opportunity to minister here in Kenya through your prayers and giving! God is so good and I continue to see Him do exceeding abundantly more than I could ever ask or imagine!!

To HIM Be Glory!

1 Comments:

At 5:51 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love you! Can't wait to see you again! Give Dennis a big hug for me and Email me if you need me to do anything for you, wedding or non-wedding related! :o)

Casey

 

Post a Comment

<< Home