Sunday, October 14, 2007

I was BLIND and now i SEE!

Thanks for those who have been praying for me since last Thursday and have emailed or called and asked how it went. My LASIK surgery went great and I can see!! It is so amazing. No contacts, no glasses and one day later i could see 20/20. I'm still in amazement. I went in Thursday morning, took a little Valium, went in and laid on a table underneath a light, watched a couple red and green lights, felt a little pressure in my eyes, and then 10 minutes later I was out of there. And for the next 24 hours i slept, kept my eyes shut to promote healing, and put drops in my eyes every hour. The next morning I returned to the office, they removed the small "bandaid" contacts and I couldn't believe it. I could see perfectly! Well it was a fuzzy 20/20 but my vision has been improving by the day. Its just the most amazing thing! I highly recommend it to anyone! I am so blessed that i was able to have this done before we return to Kenya. What a blessing it is. Dennis and my friend Abby even got to watch the whole procedure on TV as it was being done. If you want to be brave and watch the surgery you can go to http://youtube.com/watch?v=3-ry8mLaY8M. Its not my eyes or my exact surgery but its exactly what i had done.
Here's the progression....

This is me the night before the procedure. I had to remove my contacts and wear only glasses for 3 days before the surgery.

After the procedure big ski like goggles were placed on my eyes and i was instructed not to remove them til I returned to the office the next morning. This was to prevent ANYTHING from touching or rubbing my eyes which could remove the healing corneal flap.

This was one day after the surgery.

And here's a couple taken two days after
Ok yes I know I look a little like a vampire or something. Its very normal that during the procedure the laser machine puts enough pressure and suction that some of the small blood vessels on the surface of the eye will break and bleed a little. Its kind of like a little bruise. It should heal up in the next few weeks.


2 Comments:

At 5:55 PM, Blogger Mischia said...

Love the goggles look! I'm praying for you and Dennis

 
At 3:35 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

hey allison and dennis, we love you, we liked your house, "THE BARN" WE LOVE YOU AND WE MISS YA'll! LOVE Kevin and Elisha
EMAIL ADDRESS: elishastokes@gmail.com

 

Post a Comment

<< Home