Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Texas Here We Come

Several have asked me, so how many times have you moved in the last 4 or 5 years Allison? And as my Dad likes to say, "when will you ever settle down?" The answer to those questions are, "way too many" and "settle down??...what does that mean?" Well i do have to admit there are days that I think, "if only we were settled", but I have come to conclusion and peace with the fact that my life is not my own and this world is not my home. I have many homes here on this earth it seems but my true home is in heaven. And I'll never truly feel settled until I reach our eternal home with the Lord. And God has called us to follow him wherever he leads..so this time, to good ole Texas we will go!!! But the moving is so much sweeter now that its my husband that I am going with.

We've been married about a month and a half now and have been living in a small garage apt in North Raleigh. Married life has been wonderful. Many days I ask myself, why didn't i say yes to Dennis a lot sooner:) We've really enjoyed the blessings and beginnings of marriage, and even the challenges. We've really been through a lot together these last few years and my father in law's passing is just another situation that has drawn us closer together. And now we are on to Texas.


This Friday we will load up a minivan with our stuff, drive to Hickory to stay with my Dad for the night, and then wake up early Saturday morning and head to Memphis, TN. We are going to stay the night with our friend Joyce and then Sunday drive the remaining 8 or so hours to Denton, TX. So we should be in "the promised land" (as Dennis calls it) HA! by Sunday evening. This Southern Bell has her hands full with her Kenyan American Texan I have to say.

We are going to be living on a ranch in a little town called Argyle, TX, and even going to be living in a BARN! Yep, a converted barn. (pictures to come when we get there) Our plan is to remain in Texas til the end of the year and return to N.C. in time for the holidays. Denton, TX is the location of Denton Bible Church where our missions organization, Serve International, is located. While we are down there we are going to be attending some classes at MTI, which is the church's Missionary Training Institute. We will also continue with our support raising process and travel around Texas and to California to visit and update some of our current supporters. (if you want more info about our support raising and how you can be involved in our ministry in Kenya please email me allirn4him@pobox.com) After our time in Texas we will return to N.C. to continue support raising here and to visit family and friends before we head back to Kenya some time next year. That time is still up in the air and depends on our support but we are hoping its sometime in the Spring. Of course all of these plans are in God's hands and can change at any moment...so we live day by day holding losely to them, seeking the Lord's wisdom and direction. I am very sad to be moving far from my family in Charlotte, my dear friends here in Raleigh, and my TCC church family. But as the Lord leads I have a great peace and know that He has great plans for us there.

4 Comments:

At 9:19 PM, Blogger Michael and Christina said...

What a wonderful reminder to hold loosley to the things of this world - even when those things are our plans! I am very happy for you as you are in the beginnging of your marriage. After more than two years sometimes it seems like we've been together forever and other times like we are just getting to know each other. Just remember, as much as you love him and as much as he loves you, the hope for your marriage remains God - he doesn't struggle with a sin nature that can sometimes dissapoint. I love you and am so happy to be in touch with you as God leads us both on an incredible journey. Thanks, Lord, for incredibe men to journey with!

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I probably passed right over you in my flight back from the West coast. my plane stopped in Nashville. I am praying for you both and love you both so much. You are great encouragement to me with the love of Christ that you show for everyone around you. Thank you for your friendship.
Erin Perry

 
At 8:27 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are so glad that you chose to stay with us. Safari njema. We love you.

 
At 8:21 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Hi you two. God has full filled His promise and we thank Him for you. Praying for you. All will be well. Funds???? silver and gold belongs to the almighty. Just open your hands wide and receive.
Gacherus tupo. mupo???
Blessings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home