Thursday, May 18, 2006

Thanks for the Encouragement....



WOW...My heart is so encouraged right now!!!! I began sending out emails to everyone yesterday announcing my plans to return to Kenya and have received over 32 responses from people with such encouraging words. I can't tell you how much this makes me smile. God is so good and i'm so thankful for all the people HE has so graciously put in my life over these 28 years! With each email come special memories and stories of the past and serve as reminders of God's faithfulness in my life.
I'm still waiting for the final approval from Serve International and then i will begin the support raising process. Two months doesn't seem like a long time to raise support for leaving by the end of July but i'm trusting in God's Word which says, "He who calls you is faithful, who also will do it."1 Thess 5:24. His timing is perfect! I'm excited to see how He provides! (the picture is of some of the college girls in Mombasa)
I will be moving out of my apartment next weekend either the afternoon of 26th or morning of 27th (whichever day i can find the most help) and moving in with a very sweet family, the Asta's, from Open Door Baptist Church. They have so graciously and generously offered to allow me to stay with them until i go to Kenya. They are the family that Dennis stayed with when he was here in December. So as i am busy packing and taking care of lots of logistical things please keep me in your prayers. Also please keep my grandmother and family in your prayers as well. Memaw had a small stroke recently and has been in and out of the hospital. She just celebrated her 83rd Birthday April 1st.
Love you all!

1 Comments:

At 7:45 AM, Blogger Gypsy Girl said...

Hey Allison! I am so excited that you will be returning to Kenya. I will still be in TZ...until December, and will be praying for God's words and work through you. I love you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home